Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

March 22, 2010

Lukewarm



"I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot--far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit.
(Revelation 3.15-16)-The Message)

I know what you have done; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other! But because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am going to spit you out of my mouth!
(Revelation 3.15-16)-GNB)

That's my condition in the past few weeks. I hate this coz I feel so TERRIBLE!!
I've lost my zeal in doing anything.

Yes, outwardly I still doing things I must do, but without enthusiasm. Inwardly, I don't do them out of love. I supposed to do things out of gratitude and love. They become my routine nowadays. I have so little strength to do anything, coz I've lost my first love to Jesus.

Yesterday, the sermon was actually about bringing down the kingdom of Heaven. Yet, I was so much strengthened by a verse the preacher mentioned:

"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: "This is the message from the one who is holy and true. He has the key that belonged to David, and when he opens a door, no one can close it, and when he closes it, no one can open it. I know what you do; I know that you have a little power; you have followed my teaching and have been faithful to me. I have opened a door in front of you, which no one can close. (Revelation 3.7-8)

And this one (from my own):

"To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: "This is the message from the one who holds the seven stars in his right hand and who walks among the seven gold lampstands. I know what you have done; I know how hard you have worked and how patient you have been. I know that you cannot tolerate evil people and that you have tested those who say they are apostles but are not, and have found out that they are liars. You are patient, you have suffered for my sake, and you have not given up. But this is what I have against you: you do not love me now as you did at first. Think how far you have fallen! Turn from your sins and do what you did at first. If you don't turn from your sins, I will come to you and take your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2.1-5)

For a while, I've slipped into the so-called comfort zone. I used to take care of 3 girls, which lately never keep in touch with me anymore. Then, I'm "enjoying" my complaints about my authority at work, and friends in ministry. Also, I never spent quality time with Jesus anymore, which actually is the main reason I'm being lukewarm.

So, I'll do what I did. Spending quality time with Jesus, taking care of some girls again, and...the hardest part: stop complaining, and start blessing my authority and friends. So that I won't be stagnant, and there are opened doors in my job and ministry.

4 comments:

  1. YEEEEEEEEYYYY!!!! u can do it!!

    the preach yesterday also blessed me in the different way...yesterday is amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending quality time with Jesus, taking care of some girls again, and...the hardest part: stop complaining, and start blessing my authority and friends --> this is exactly what i also must do!
    we have the same situation bee...
    smangat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the first step is acknowledging what you think isn't good. I admire for you that. It is because of that acknowledgment that you now have your action plan. Goodluck dear. You're an awesome lady and I know you have a good heart ☮.♥.✮ ☀..✈

    ReplyDelete
  4. jak :D yes, it blessed me and revived me :)

    lumoz :D really?? wow hehe..yea! chin up, dear!!

    russ :D thank u, russ. i think all of us at some point will have to admit what we're through :)

    ReplyDelete