Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

March 28, 2010

The Second Mile

BRAKKK!!!
Kubuka pintu itu dengan kasar, and I stomed in angrily, hurt, and bitter.
Kulihat dia duduk seperti biasa, as if he'd predicted I'd be doing it.

"Sudah! Cukup!" kataku sambil mengangkat tangan, menyerah...kalah,"Aku MUAK dengan apa yang kualami selama BERTAHUN-TAHUN! Like a curse that can't be broken down, for YEARS! YEARS! I've through it over and over again, all ALONE!! All those disobedience! Pemberontakan, tidak ada penundukan diri pada otoritas! Seakan tidak ada habisnya! CUKUP! Aku mau berhenti, mutung, desersi!! I'm done with it!"

"Go for the second mile!" katanya...dengan tetap tenang, tidak terpengaruh sama sekali dengan suasana hatiku.

"WHATTTT??? I CAN'T!! You know that very well! No way! I won't!!"

"Deb, go for the second mile!"

"I can't!! I don't want to! I'm tired and Weak! And I'm SICK with what I must do, to understand their reasons for doing what they did."

"My grace is sufficient for you. In fact, when you're weak, I'm strong. Trust me, Deb! Do it, then the curse will be taken away, doors will be opened when you do it. Annointing will be poured out when you humbly go for the second mile."

"It HURTS!! Sakit, pedih, perih, sedih... My heart is broken again and again. I've done what I must do, but they remain the same. I'm tired," kataku sambil tersedu tak berdaya, "Aku nggak sanggup lagi menanggung semuanya, Tuhaaaaaannn."

"Indeed hurts.. I know, Deb, I know. I'm with you through it all, (and I've been there) so I know how it feels. Ada upah yang menunggu. Upahmu sudah menunggu. Keep on doing it, Deb. Go for the second mile! Not by your power nor might, but by My Spirit. Go, My child!"

Kupejamkan mataku, menarik nafas dalam-dalam, dan kuhembuskan perlahan.

"I'll do it for You. Okay, I'll go. Anyway, I'm going to need Your help for sure here and there."


I know what you do; I know that you have a little power; you have followed my teaching and have been faithful to me. I have opened a door in front of you, which no one can close.

"I see what you've done. Now see what I've done. I've opened a door before you that no one can slam shut. You don't have much strength, I know that; you used what you had to keep my Word. You didn't deny me when times were rough.
(Rev 3.8-GNB, The Message)

"The people I love, I call to account--prod and correct and guide so that they'll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!
(Rev 3.19-The Message)

Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents.
Sebab itu jadilah penurut-penurut Allah, seperti anak-anak yang kekasih
(Eph 5.1-The Message, LAI)

But his answer was: "My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak." I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me.

and then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness.
(2 Cor 12.9-GNB, The Message)

The angel told me to give Zerubbabel this message from the LORD: "You will succeed, not by military might or by your own strength, but by my spirit.
(Zec 4.6-GNB)

4 comments:

  1. maksudnya second mile apa bee??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got goosebumps all over reading this..Thanks for reminding me about this, and the verses :)

    And yes, GO for the second mile, Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup... His grace is sufficient !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edo :D second mile means: melakukan lebih dari yg seharusnya. gitu...

    Olivia :D hehehe u're welcome, live. and thanks for ur encouragement :) how is ur wedding prep?

    JOs :D amen!! how r u?

    ReplyDelete