Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

November 11, 2009

Broken Heart



Dad, last night I finished reading "I Kissed Dating Goodbye". For years I have these doubts and fears about my future husband, and You know that all along.

When my weaknesses
are exposed,
would you stand by me
and love me anyway?

When the seasons of life
leave their marks on me,
would you stand by me
and love me anyway?

When time takes away
my strength and beauty,
would you stand by me
and love me anyway?

Do you love me
by sight or
do you love me
for my true self?

As I look back, I realize that I was looking for the perfect man coz I'm afraid of failure. I can clearly see now that the trauma is still there. Please heal me completely so that I can be whole in You and able to love him with Your love.

I've to be honest with myself (and it's not easy) that my doubts and fears show that I'm "the center of the universe". That's why I ask You to heal my heart. I wanna let You be the center, Dad, from now on and think of him by asking these questions to myself (instead of asking myself the doubts above):

Am I the right person for him?
Can I be the best partner and best friend for him?
Will I be able to help and support him reaching the dream You've put in his heart?

You are the Physician, Dad.

He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 147:3

7 comments:

  1. Ayat Inspired Faith hari ini...brarti nulis ini baru tadi pagi ya? hehehee...

    i get the point anyway...

    instead of asking the first group of questions, u prefer to ask the second group of questions... good luck twelvie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not really. i wrote the draft last nite. then, Inspired Faith gave the perfect verse :) I've been selfish by thinking that way. so, yeah, i prefer to ask three last Qs. thanks, jak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehhhh ak juga baru aja beli i kissed dating goodbye.. dan baru baca2 sebagian..
    :)

    ada lanjutannya yg judulny
    boy meet girl loh ce...
    :D

    at last, ntar discuss jg yaaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw, i don't know if you already find the 'him' you mention in that phrase..
    pray for your best bee.
    twelvie
    or einstein
    miss..

    ReplyDelete
  5. CIA, ku punya jg buku yg boy meets girl.. wanna borrow? both are good :) give me insights. sure, i'd like to discuss the book(s) with u when u're finished reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. weehhh...
    dah lama gak buka blog-mu, koq ada judul broken heart.. langsung eye catching banget..
    gmn update tbarunya, bee?
    waiting ur SMS loohh...
    wekekeke...

    ReplyDelete