Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

November 21, 2009

The Journey




We drove to a place. A place my dad wanted us to go. He didn’t mention really clear where, though. He just gave me some hints, and I grasped a picture of it in my mind. I was so excited to go with him to the place. Moreover, the weather is good for traveling. It was a sunny day. I enjoyed the journey with my dad. We talked about a lot of things while he was driving.

Now, the way he drove made me impatient. As I’ve mentioned before that iIwas so excited. I hardly could wait to get to the place, while my dad was driving slowly, enjoying everything. Practically everything!!

“Dad? Can I drive the car?”
“Why?”
“So that you can rest.” Besides, I can drive faster than you, Daddy.
“Are you sure? Do you know which way to go?”
“There are signs, aren’t there? Besides, you’re here with me, there’s no way we lost. You can direct me.”

So, we pulled over and changed seat. Daddy was on the passenger seat, and I was on the driver seat. Nervously I drove the car. I’ve been driving before. It was not a new thing for me. However, he was never with me when I drove. And now he was here, and I got nervous. The second reason was I’ve never been driving out of town. So, this was my first time. Another reason was the weather got cloudy. The heaven was heavy with water, ready to pour it out.

I called my friends to let them know that I’m on a journey with my dad. Dad and I still talked, but the conversation didn’t flow well as when dad was driving. I focused on the road and signs. There were so many signs which could lead us there, made me confused. Drops of water started to pour lightly on the earth. In just a moment, the heavens could no longer hold the rain. It rained hard. And we talked less and less. I no longer enjoyed the journey. When he tried to talk to me, I mumbled my answers. I was trying hard to see the road and signs thru the rain which blurred my vision.

After hours of silence, which seemed like forever, Daddy broke it.
“…”
“Huh? Did you say something, Dad?”
“…”
“What did you say, Dad?”
“…”
“Daddy, I didn’t hear you…, “ frustratedly I told him.
“Come closer, honey.”
“Dad, you’re talking nonsense! I AM close to you. Besides, how far is my seat from yours?”
“Closer, honey.”
“Dad…I’m driving, how can I be closer to you if I’m driving?”
“Stop the car, then, sweetheart.”
“Dad…I really want to get there as soon as possible. And I am trying to get there thru this rain.”
“You can’t see very well thru this rain, hon,”he reminded me gently.
“Well, I have you here to help me see…,” I trailed off.
“Let me drive the car, sweetie. I know the way, I am familiar with these roads. I can drive us there even with my eyes closed. Rain can’t blur my vision. This journey might take longer time, but you can enjoy it. We can still talk and you can lean on me. You can put your head on my shoulder while I’m driving. What do you think? I know that you’re tired.”
Exhaling, I said,“Let’s pull over. You know it from the very beginning, don’t you, Dad? You know that I’m going to get tired of driving. You know that I shouldn’t drive this car. But you let me anyway, to make me realize that what I need is enjoying the journey with you, instead of getting to the destination. Lavish every single moment I have with you, and let you drive. Afterall, you know where it is we’re going to, while I don’t.”

So, we pulled over once more. He patted my head and smiled at me. He said,”Trust me, sweetheart. Trust me. There’ll be times when we must stop for some good reasons, but we’ll continue our journey. Just enjoy it. Then, without realizing it, we’ll get there.” With that he embraced me. Oh, I’ve forgotten how relaxing was his embrace, so that I could find my rest in his arms.

We changed seat and Dad looked at me with a smile in his eyes, asking,” Are you ready?”
“Yes, I am, Dad,” I looked at him and smiled. Fully understood that the most important thing was the time spent with him thru the journey.

No matter where he takes me or where we are going to stop, as long as he is the one who drives, I won’t lost. He knows. Yeah, he knows where to go. And I am safe with him. All that matter is him, and only him.

I won’t say that I’m flowing with the current, but I want to let him decide what’s best for me. I want to give him liberty to take me anywhere he wants. I’m so positive that he’ll never let me alone just by myself. Though I’m clueless about my whereabouts and where we’re going, I just want to enjoy every moment of this journey with him.

So, this is another new start for me. Perhaps, in the future I’ll be in another clueless situation as today and get confused, but he’ll remind me of this valuable experience. I’m so sure of that.

5 comments:

  1. one of ur masterpiece and one of my fave...

    To the readers:
    dont u think, this girl should write a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think you should write a book!

    Dear Bee, it's a wonderful piece and I'm so touched by this..Reminds me to let Him take control of the wheel, and just enjoy the ride :)

    Thanks for posting this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jak, thanks a lot for putting this post in your blog :)

    Olivia, thanks for dropping by. glad that it blesses you :)

    i'm thinking of a topic. hopefully, i have enough topic for a book. fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh noooooo.......
    gr8 postttttt
    likey likey very bery mu(aaaaaaaaaaa)ch!

    i am on that similar circumstance missss....
    i hardly need a fast answer, to choose the rite way between much crossroadsss

    and this post reminds me to trust
    in a detail way.

    trust: let him drive because he know the BEST way and TIMING

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, CIA :) thanks
    u're right, i absolutely agree w u that TRUST means let Him drive coz He knows the best(+ perfect) way and timing.

    ReplyDelete