Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

September 1, 2009

A Great Man of God

My today's Bible reading was taken from Acts 7:54-60 and Psalms 112.
Psalms 112 describing a man who fears the Lord and the wicked. Interestingly, the last verse says,"The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish." While Acts tells us a story about Stephen who was tried and stoned to death. Verse 54 says,"When they (the councilmen of Israel. In my opinion consists of Pharisees) heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth."

You see, the Pharisees gnashed their teeth, while the wicked also gnashed their teeth. What I'm trying to say is this: Pharisees = the wicked. They know all God's commandments, yet they don't do it. Jesus called them hypocrite. They sinned coz they don't walk their talk. The wicked, on the other hand, their lifestyles are sinful lifestyles. Seems different, yet the same.

The man who fears the Lord shall not be moved forever. He is not afraid of bad tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. Like Stephen. As people stoned him, he saw Jesus was standing on the right hand of God. It made him didn't compromised his faith. He didn't curse them nor curse the Lord! He trusted the Lord with all his heart and soul. Look what he did! Instead of cursing, he cried with a loud voice,"Lord, lay not this sin to their charge." What a great man! He wasn't moved by persecution.

KJV says after that Stephen fell asleep! Matthew 10:39 tell us,"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

I dunno what will happen tomorrow to us. Whether God will allow us to experience what our brothers ans sisters in China experience or not. But I wanna strengthen my hand in the LORD by growing strong in His Words/ promises. I don't wanna dump Him when the going gets tough. I wanna set my eyes beyond my circumstances, to Jesus.

Wanna get your life? Give it to Him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment