Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

August 31, 2009

Dare to be Different

This morning I realized that I haven't totally submitted to the government. Could be seen in the simplest things: sometimes I still compromising, when I ride a motorbike in an alley, I don't wear a helmet. Yet, it's one of the rule on the street.

The Bible says that all governments comes from God, so we must submit ourselves to our governments.

I imagine if we, as the followers of Christ, do what the others do, we can't be the light and salt of the world.

Yesterday afternoon I saw Kick Andy in Metro TV, he interviewed an artist family. In the studio, there were Adi, Iyut, Uci, and Ayudia Bing Slamet. Andy asked several questions. One of them that caught my attention was this question: "Is there any burdens in bearing Bing Slamet's name?"

Responding to the question, Adi said,"It makes us think twice before doing something."

Uci continued,"We don't want people said: "Why! Bing Slamet's children are not smart."

Earlier on that very Sunday, Daniel Yanuar said (in my church) that a name was very important. We were called by our names.

Moreover, we're bearing our Father's name in everything we do and say. In other words, if we do and say everything that is contrary to the characters of God, we're disgracing Him.

So, dare to be different! Being the salt and light of the world are our calling as his children.

Finally, whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

3 comments:

  1. saltnlights!! that's my blog name!! lol...ga penting.. nice post, 12! u always success to relate one topic with another =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how great is our name. which followed by .... son/ daughter of God...

    ReplyDelete
  3. tq, jak... but sometimes i open it too wide and i dont know how to close it hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete