Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

August 18, 2009

ADOPTION

The first Japanese comic in Indonesia was Candy Candy, as long as I remember. I love the story and the pictures. The comic was about an orphan girl named Candy who, in spite of her condition, was cheerful, active, selfless, funny, and care about others. Together with some other children, she lived in an orphanage. One day, a driver from a rich family came to the orphanage. He looked for a child to be adopted. Candy was chosen. She was so happy till she knew that she was adopted as the family’s servant. She had a hard time, but kept on adapting to her new environment. She faced mean and evil-mannered children, worked hard, woke up early in the morning, etc. To cut the story short, she was adopted (again) by a nobleman, a rich, kind, yet mysterious man. She adapted to her new life again. She learned how to dress, dance, ride a horse, etc. And finally, she reached for her dream, and knew the man who adopted her.

Years gone by from the first time I read this nine-volume comic. When I thought about the story, one part that I remember is the adoption part. Once, I had a desire to adopt a baby girl. In my mind, adoption was easy. I only needed to go to orphanages, looked for a baby, told the head of the orphanage that I wanted to adopt her, filled out some forms, give some money, and tadaa…the baby was mine. I had to prepare the baby’s supplies and needs. I had imagined of how I’d raise her, save my money for her, teach her, send her to school, and to be happy with her progresses. Unfortunately, the process is not as easy as I thought and I gave up the idea of adopting.

In the whole process of adoption, it will be me who show efforts, do this and that. Well, I am the one who will do everything. The baby will not do anything. All she needs to do is waiting, and do what she usually does. I believe that she doesn’t even know that there’s going to be someone who’d like to adopt her. And when the process is over, she’s mine. She has to adapt to her new environment, learn new things, new values, develop new habits, etc.

When I came to this idea, I saw the similarity with salvation and Christianity. It was God’s idea, He was the one who found the way, and He paid the price. He knew how hard it would be, yet (unlike me) He didn’t give up. He offers salvation freely, no terms and condition applied no charge. Nothing! We don’t need to do anything. Just accept. Believe that Jesus, Son of God, is Savior and Lord of our lives, and confess it. Once we’re His, we’ve to learn new things, new values, and a new way of thinking. Everything is new. Sometimes we have hard times to adapt, but it won’t change the fact that we still belong to Him and that everything is new. Our old self is no longer exist because Christ reigns over our lives, and He lives in us.

Sadly, many people don’t believe that salvation is given freely through Jesus Christ. They think that they must do some kindness in order to be saved. Salvation is not achieved by doing good things. It’s when we are saved, and then we’re able to do good things with a pure motivation. We do good things because we want to spread His love that we’ve received.

For those who are still struggling with your old habits, develop a new habit of meditating His Words. Never give up, friends! All of us, in some ways, are still struggling with our old self. Sins start from our mind. If we fill our mind with His Words, our attitudes and habits will reflect it. Keep in touch with God all the time. He likes to have a relationship with us.

You are so precious in His sight. Come to Him now and call him your Savior and Lord of your life.

I was born in a Christian family, yet I hadn’t called Him as my Savior and Lord. I began to know Him as He really is four years ago (2005), and my life is never the same as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment