Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

August 26, 2009

If Only...

I was shocked to hear Jacko’s death from my mom. I’m not a bigfan of him, but still. His death made me think about his life and learn more about him from the media. This piece of writing might arouse protest from Jacko’s fans; however, it’s my thought only. I could be wrong.

He was abused by his dad severely. Though Jacko said it made him who he was in entertainment world, but it’s how I see him: He saw himself as a victim of the past. He hadn’t release forgiveness to his dad, there hadn’t been any reconciliation as far as I know. As the result, he was a different person on the stage and off the stage.

I admire his dedication to the music, his talents (I like Heal the World, You Are Not Alone, also Black or White), his excellent preparation for his concerts, I like his performance (esp. in Black or White); yet, I sensed emptiness there. Lonely, afraid, pain… Though he lived in a glamorous world, I think he didn’t really enjoy it. Can you enjoy it when you have to go through a face surgery over and over, and a tight diet? Well, I can’t.

When I saw one of his concerts, I thought to myself,”If only he knew the truth, it would set him free. If only he found the true love, his joy would enable him to reconcile with his dad. If only he knew Jesus, really knew him, he would never be the same again. He wouldn’t see himself as a victim of the past, but a victor. If only…if only…”

Whatever I think about him, he was the most talented Afro-American, influenced many lives (I dare say youngsters in the world), and touched many hearts in his unique ways, loved by many, missed by multitude.

4 comments:

  1. jacko... ironically, he said beautifully (read: sing) 'you were not alone, i am here with you..' but at the end, he die at his loneliness... what a life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you enjoy it when you have to go through a face surgery over and over, and a tight diet ? Well, I can’t.

    ---> Sure you can't do (the bold one) ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm not a big fan of Jacko too...i only watch his funeral in flash news but when i went to my friend's house, he showed me the concert of Jacko...I was thrilled and admired his talent and dedication.

    I respect him as a human being who has many weaknesses like everybody else. U r right about 'if only' but 'if only' is a words of emptiness...we can't change the past, all we can do is change the future...

    ReplyDelete
  4. cia, i've to admit that "sure i DONT want to hv a diet" either healthy one or not hehehehe
    so, jak.. we've to have the right self-image that's based on the Word of God. we're history makers for ourselves, family, city, nation, and nations. so esc y? hehe

    ReplyDelete