Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

August 8, 2009

That What Friends (Calebs) Are For

“How is it?”

“It is great, the promise is true. Look what we bring from the land! Let’s go there!”

“Yea, let’s do it!”

“Whoa! Hold your horses! Yes, the promise is true, but I don’t think we should go. We can’t just go in there. Get real! The people are big!”

“Indeed, they are. But we can beat them.”

“Oh yeah? They’re big and strong… nice combination. We’re doomed if we fight them!”

“Yes, he’s right. The land eats the inhabitants. Moreover, it has giants there. We’re like grasshoppers compared to them. We’d better not go.”


Familiar with the conversation? I think that was how the conversation between Moses and the twelve spies held. Only two out of ten who were willing to do anything God commanded and kept their focus on His promise. The majority was looking at the situation at hand.

So, only Oshea son of Nun (later known as Joshua) dan Caleb son of Jephunneh, who whole-heartedly following God, who could enter the promised land. The other ten couldn’t see the good land. When we’re face to face with the disagreeness of others, or we’re struggling over something, a friend’s presence is like finding an oasis in a desert.

One day I felt abandoned and tired of struggling for my cell-group. I worshipped God, and He restored my soul. I was ready to move forward, to struggle only with Him. The unexpected happened! A friend gives his full support (until today). Patiently listens to me and struggles with me. How I’m blessed with his presence. I’m also blessed with two other members of cell-group. They never say “No” whenever I assign them doing something they’ve never done before. They do it excellently, beyond my expectation. God strengthens me through them. He gives me not only one, but three Calebs. Though they may not realize it =)

Are you struggling over something? Well, never feel abandoned. What I mean to say is, like Michael Jackson’s song, you are not alone! God provides, at least, a Caleb for each of us.

Where can we find the right Caleb? In a community who has fear of the Lord in their hearts. A community which loves Jesus above all else. Or maybe among your friends you’ll find one who loves Jesus whole-heartedly.

1 comment:

  1. =)
    this is beautiful, sis...
    i do really enjoy and blessed with the cell-group..lately, i never look or (care) about the amount of members who attend the cell group. I care about the atmosphere where I'm so blessed with them and you...I do. And for me, that's essential..

    ps: You are a Caleb for us too..

    ReplyDelete