Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

August 14, 2009

A Letter for Daddy

Dear Daddy,

It's been some time since our last conversation. I'm sorry it took me weeks to talk to You again. I mean really talk. I've been terribly busy these weeks. I'm sorry for breaking my promise to You. I've promised to talk to You everyday. So sorry, Dad. And now I can only send You this letter. I'm afraid it's not a good news for You.

So many things happened, and I couldn't handle them well. I'm worn out, Dad. So very tempted to quit so much...

You know, Dad...last night I got an SMS from my friend. It brought a bad news for me. I was sad coz she couldn't see the big picture. What she saw was a certain part which she thought improper. I disappointed, Dad. Why didn't she tried to see it from a different point of view? If only she could see it from a different angle, then she could see a different picture of it!

I couldn't contain my disappointment, Dad. I read Your letters, but still I didn't know what to do. And I couldn't sleep. It was early in the morning when I finally fell asleep.

This morning I woke up extremely late. My colleague had already waiting for me when I woke up. I began this day in a hurry. Thank You we weren't late. At school, during assembly, my notebook couldn't operate well. The students were restless and became noisy. They didn't pay attention to You, dishonor You, Dad. I was so sad I felt like crying coz they (including her!) ill-treated You. In class today, I asked them to ponder James 1.22, and said I wanted to see a change in character. To have a Godly character, they've to do something new repeatedly till it becomes their habit.

Then I realize that I also haven't paid You the honor You deserve, I still do things for myself. Satisfying my ego when I succeed, and down when I failed. Forgive me for taking Your glory when I succeed. Help me to do whatsoever heartily as to You, and not unto men.

This afternoon, Dad, I give my broken heart to You. I don't wanna hold this disappointment any longer, it hurts me more than I know. I release forgiveness for her.

Dad, I want to learn to have an excellent response that is according to Your way, not my emotions. Through last nite happening, I understand that my response is not much different from hers.

Help me to live it out:
It is NOT a matter of being right or wrong, but a matter of response.

I'll see You soon, Dad.

oxox,
debby

1 comment:

  1. yes.. lets keep learning to give the right respond. proud of you, sis!

    ReplyDelete