Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

October 8, 2009

Amazing!!!



Today, as I taught the second grader about the twelve disciples of Christ, God made me amazed as well as ashamed.

A student who is known as a slow learner, and has a short-span concentration could mention all of the disciples correctly. She said," Miss, I know the song!" And she sang it. I was really amazed and, at the same time, ashamed. I judged her by what I heard about her. I only saw the outward appearance.

Daddy reminded me gently about Samuel when he was about to anoint one of Jesse's sons. He told Samuel,"... for the LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."

I asked this girl to help us memorizing the names by singing the song. At first she was reluctant, but the whole class encouraged her. She sang beautifully and...confidently!!

Thanks, Dad, for this valuable lesson I learnt today.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice expi =)
    These days, God teach me not to assume or judge something with my mind and this post is one of the curriculum, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice lesson. I enjoyed working with the "special" students when I worked with the school district. They really are one of a kind people, each one beautiful in their own way. God is so good that He didn't make any two of us alike.
    Where do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, JOy :) thanks for visiting. I'm teaching in a private school in Surabaya, Indonesia. Yes, I agree with you that each of us is one of a kind :D thank God

    ReplyDelete