Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16DYWzt4y

October 2, 2009

Thank God!!



Yesterday, a class-teacher came to me and asked,"Miss, did you say something to X?"
"No. Why?"
"After the bell rang, I took them downstairs. X hadn't been picked up yet. So I told him to wait for his mom around Toga Mas corner and he might read there. But after some time, I heard Bu Pur called his name thru paging. I looked for him, and found him sitting in the corner of the classroom reading something. Can you guess what he was reading?"
I shook my head, and wondering.
"He was reading Bible!" She told me with an enthusiastic tone.
I almost couldn't believe what I'd just heard. X? Reading a Bible?
"What kind of Bible? The one with pictures in it?" I asked because I know he likes reading illustrated books.
"No. The regular one! He was reading Genesis!"
"Really? Woooow!"
I was so happy that I couldn't contain it. I was almost screaming and jumped! This X had made us didn't know what to do. He's a student with special needs.
"Let's hope that it'll last for good," she said.

I learnt that being a teacher isn't about teaching only, passing out knowledge, and being a role model. A teacher is someone who sows seed in every student's life. I may not see it grow and fruitful today, but surely I'll reap the fruits later on.

Those who wept as they went out carrying the seed will come back singing for joy, as they bring in the harvest.
Psalms 126.6


3 comments:

  1. Wow that must be a huge happiness (for a teacher) =)

    I have this wonderful quote from William Arthur Ward. He said,

    The mediocre teacher tells
    The good teacher explains
    The superior teacher demostrates
    The great teacher inspires

    Bee a great teacher, 12..with God, i believe u can do it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad they have the good 'role model 'one in elementary school.. i've finally found one in my college.. and it was wonderful to have an A+ teacher. I mean, a teacher with a true will to share thought and attitude.

    like alvin said: Inspires the students, miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, guys :)

    ReplyDelete